Saturday, October 1, 2011

Art Journal Show & Tell...day 1

Today, I started a new art journaling class called...

This is my 4th class with Janel.
When I look back at the first prompt from her 2010 30 Day Challenge class,
I can see a huge difference in my sketching then and my sketching now.
You be the judge...
(prompt from 2010) Create a full page design introducing yourself :)
Highlight your name many times in the midst of your design.
Here is my first page ever with her...

Look at the difference... 
Here is my introduction page for the new class...

Sketching, just like anything, takes practice.
The more you sketch, the better you get.

I am so inspired right now for this journal class!!
I can't wait until tomorrow for the next prompt!

I also worked on the cover to my journal...
...here is the before...

...here is the after...
Very simple...just the way I like it.

I hope that you are inspired today!
Sketching is such an incredible therapy for me.
It takes all my stress and worries away.
Once I am done with a page...I am just bursting with pride.
I LOVE to play show and tell with my sketchbook
to anyone who will listen.
(yeah, I'm that friend :)

Hope you have a beautiful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment