Friday, October 7, 2011

Art Journal Show & Tell...day 7

I put off my art journal page all day long.
Not sure if I did it on purpose or what, but here is what I just came up with . . .


I am actually really proud of this page.
I haven't really ever painted before.
I've drawn and painted the drawing in, but not like this.
I was actually really afraid, but just went for it.

My son, Dash, has recently shown an interest in painting.
He was using some little acrylic paints and I was running out fast, so I went shopping at Michael's.
I got some 2oz bottles of craft acrylic paints for 59cents a piece.
I also bought him a paint tray.
Yesterday, I showed him how to mix colors.
Here is my tray after mixing colors for my painting above . . .



I think it's a work of art on it's own!!



A good photography subject as well!!

So back to my page.
Again, because I live in San Diego I have to rely on my memory of what FALL is like.
I have very vivid memories of when I would go outside and just knew it was fall 
by certain sounds, sights and smells.
A dreary, Texas fall day is a very treasured memory for me.
I hope that I will be able to share this memory with my husband and son one day.

Hope you were inspired today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment