Wednesday, January 11, 2012

365 Journal Project...

For Christmas Jeremy bought me a A4 Moleskin Sketchbook.
I kept looking at it, feeling it, looking at the crisp blank pages,
then putting it aside.
Then I got the idea that I wanted to do a project like...Project Life.
Except, I didn't want to deal with all the pocket pages.
I wanted to document each week in my life along with some kind of memorabilia of some kind.
So, I decided to make a do it yourself planner of sorts.
So I'm going to call this 365 Journal Project:

Here is a look at my process for the first week:

one
I prepared the pages by painting a layer of gesso.


two
I added a wash of paint to the edges.
Then put together a cute snowman and some snowflakes
out of scrapbook paper.


three
I put a thin wash of white paint over the snowman and added all the date details.
The week number, the name of the month, the days of the week and the dates were added.

four
For each day I added appointments and little details like where I went, ate lunch or what I was doing.
I also kept some things throughout the week to add as I go along.

I'm really happy with the way it turned out!
Once the year is done and each bi-week is completed,
it will be awesome to look back on.

sidenote...
There are 96 pages.  Which is more than enough to complete the entire year, BUT not enough to complete two years.  I was thinking about what I was going to do with the remainder of pages.  I decided that I would mix in pages that I could doodle and paint on in between each month.  For example...

Now I have some free space layouts throughout the entire sketchbook,
and I can add whatever I want throughout the year!
I actually labeled the whole book before I got started.
I am really excited about this new project and will be sharing it bi-weekly.
Hope you were inspired today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment