Saturday, August 6, 2011

Chertangles...vol i.





...pronounced [share-tangles]
or [chair-tangles]
or [shur-tangles]
short for Cherie's Zentangles.
[I'm so clever sometimes, it hurts..teehee]

As you may know, I have been participating in some swapping over at Swap-Bot.
It has been so much fun learning different techniques for different crafts.
Because there is always a send deadline, it helps keep me accountable.
It forces me to manage my time better and finish every project.
It has really been hard to balance this time and family time.
My super wonderful husband, Jeremy, will care of all things Dash for a couple of
hours while I am in my studio crafting away.
I try to only craft a couple nights a week.
(I could just stay in my studio and never come out)
Dash has also been coming into my studio to help, which is awesome.
This is the boy who does not like to color with crayons.
I can't tell you how bummed I was about this...
...but, add in scissors, paints, and a stapler and I've got him hooked!!
Anyhoo...Zentangles...focus...
For the swap we had to buy a journal, add a short bio on the 1st page,
then draw 5 Zentangles on the next 5 pages.
I was a little nervous at first because I had never Zentangled before.
I googled Zentangles and up popped hundreds of pattern swatches.
As each Zentangle was completed, I.fell.in.love!!
I am so hooked now.
All the photos above are of my 5 Zentangles for the swap.
I sent this journal out last month and received one from someone else.
I have already signed up for #2 in this swap series.
I will be continuing in the journal that I received, by adding my bio
and 5 zentangles again.
We just keep swapping with each other until we get a journal full of zentangles.
My next deadline is August 15th.
I can't wait to share more with you.

If you haven't ever Zentangled, you've got to try it!
You might just get hooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment