Monday, August 1, 2011

Color Palette...August

image source:

I found it kind of difficult choosing the perfect palette for August.
It's the end of summer and not quite fall.
So I started with peridot, a calm simple green.
It was perfect and I complimented it with other pale muted hues.
No summer brights, but not real warm tones.
So I found a happy middle ground with this palette.
Imagine yourself sitting in this simple plum chair
and thinking about all things summer wrapping up and 
thoughts of school starting in the back of your mind.

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
I am actually really excited about school starting.
Dash is starting kindergarten.
His first day is August 24.
On that day my schedule drastically changes for the first time in 16 years.
I will be going part time...I can barely contain my excitement.
I have had a successful career and am now really ready to be a full time mom!!
I will be staying home with Dash in the morning,
walking him to school at 11:30 and then going to work for only 6 hours a day!!
I know that is only 2 hours less a day, but I get the entire morning with him everyday!
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Color Psychology Corner:
GREEN
  • cool color that symbolizes nature and the natural world
  • represents tranquility, good luck, health and jealousy
  • can improve reading ability
  • has long been a symbol of fertility and was once the preferred color choice for wedding gowns in the 15th century
  • often used in decorating for its calming effect
  • is thought to relieve stress and help heal
  • the traditional color of peace, harmony, comfortable nurturing, support and well paced energy

No comments:

Post a Comment