Monday, February 6, 2012

100 Collections...pens/markers

Dash is going to celebrate his 100th day of kindergarten on February 15th.  Each student has been asked to share a collection of 100.  This got me thinking about all the collections I have around my house.  I have a lot and I want to photograph them and share them with all of you.  I think once I pull them all out I'm going to organize them and figure out a way to display them or at least organize them better!! What fun!  I'm excited about this.  So, I decided to start with a collection that is in front of me almost everyday.  My markers and pens.  I love them all so much.  I use the pens the most, but I am constantly adding different markers all the time.  
Here are my beloved micron pens.  They are the foundation of my sketching, especially my Zentangles.  I love the 005 the most!  It's the smallest tip and I can get lots of detail done with it.  I also use this pen to write in my perpetual diary.  I need a tiny, fine tip to get the few lines in, so there will be lots of room for the years to come.
These are really pretty looking markers.  I haven't used them much.  I found them at Ross for $2.99.  I think I just liked buying them to add to my collection.  I will have to dedicate a page just using glitter markers.
These crayola markers are pretty original.  The tip is made up of three 'pieces' and each piece is a color shown on the marker, so you can kind of blend them together to get whatever it is you are coloring to look more natural if you will.  I got these on clearance at Staples a couple years ago for a $1.  I love the names...Amazon Rainforest, Caribbean Current, Grand Canyon.  I want that job...hmm what shall I name this one!!!!
These are my favorites of all time!!  Sharpie Pens.  My mom bought me the basic color set...red, orange, green, blue, purple.  I, by chance, came across these Caribbean colors and I can't tell you how many black ones I've gone through.  The fine tip is perfect for drawing everything!!  Even writing.  Love the way they write.
I use these RoseArt skinny markers anytime my sketches call for color.  I have every color I need and the tip is just right.  I just can't justify spending a lot on markers and these were under $10 for 47.  (maybe I have lost a couple) This set pretty much has all the colors of the rainbow!!  
I got these at hobby lobby.  I really like the marker tips that are like a paintbrush.  It helps get the details a little better than a regular maker tip.
OOOooo...then comes my gel pens.  All of these gel pens are from the dollar bins at Target.  They work great!  Especially the glitter Hello Kitty ones, my favorite! (you knew I would have these, right?)
Here are more of the RoseArt skinny markers.  Love all these colors.  Gives me a nice choice depending on what kind of mood I'm in.
In this collection there are 172 pens and markers (at least for now)  It is constantly growing.  I hope you enjoyed taking a peek into my world through one of my collections.  I hope to share a collection with you randomly once a month.  Next week I am going to work on a better way to organize my markers and will share whatever it is that I come up with.
Do you have any collections?  What do you collect?
I think collections really show who you are!!!
I would love to see them.
I challenge you to gather them together, photograph them and share them!!
Hope you were inspired today!!

No comments:

Post a Comment