Friday, February 3, 2012

Sketchbook Show & Tell...

I have been participating at Swap-bot.com for almost ten months.  I'm kinda over it.  I have made one really good swap friend in the UK and that was worth all the time I spent on all my art work and mailing it away.  I'm just kind of burned out.  I spent the most time on Zentangle Journals.
The premise for this swap was..the first one you participate in, you purchase a journal of your choice, add a bio to the first page, then add 5 pages of Zentangles.  You send this journal to your assigned partner and you receive one from someone else.  So, each time I participated I added five pages of Zentangles to the journal I would receive from someone else.  I received some doozies (8x10 paper held together by curl ribbon) and some simple nice journals. I also received one journal twice...what are the odds.  The swap did start out with only 4 people, now it has grown to 19.  I swapped Zentangle Journals six times.  The first one was in July.  It's going to take a LONG time to get a full book and I want some Zentangles for my own sketchbook!!  Just having the photo of my work is different than having the real thing.
So without further ado, here are my latest Zentangles that I sent to my partner in Michigan...






But now, STOP THE PRESS, let me show you the beautiful journal I received!  All I've been thinking was I hope I get a really nice journal to stop on.  Really nice, how about really awsome!!  The maker of this beauty is Robin and she has a blog full of all kinds of creative goodies.  You should definitely give her a visit!!  She even posted how she constructed the front of the journal...my new journal!  You can also see the Zentangles that are inside.  She is very talented!!  I love it so much and can't wait to fill it with Zentangles to keep and share!  I'm also really excited about getting to know my new friend Robin!




Hope you were inspired today!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment